SRE at Google.1 I keep distributed systems related to social content and internal job queuing up and happy. If you’ve ever read or posted a Youtube comment I’ve helped get it where it needs to go. You’re… uh… welcome? 😅
Besides keeping lots of content flowing I also study developer tools and how they can be simplified and modernized. I’m currently working on how to fix the stuck-in-the-80s Linux command line system by ripping out the most decrepit parts.
$ rm /usr/bin/*sh $ rm /usr/bin/*term
- 2018-11-26 Machine learning: mindless or just efficient?
- 2018-11-17 Contra skeuomorphisms
- 2018-11-16 What is the open web?
- 2018-11-11 Color constancy and computer vision
- 2018-10-28 Why PDFs are obsolete (for most purposes)
- 2018-10-15 Shrek on security
- 2018-10-01 Why can't big tech be in cheap cities?
- 2018-09-26 Computer science esoterica: Burrows–Wheeler transform
- 2018-09-25 Difficulties with computer colors
- 2018-09-23 The fake security of VPNs
- 2018-09-22 Peeking into the Chinese Room
- 2018-09-18 How to roll your own crypto
- 2018-09-11 Learning from the dotfile
- 2018-09-09 Another generic post
- 2018-09-04 The false dilemma of security and accessibility
- 2018-08-31 Stratospheric UX testing
- 2018-08-29 Getting specific about generics
- 2018-08-26 Stop writing code
- All opinions are solely my own. ↩